Before you start focusing on 2017, take the time to plan for a powerful fourth quarter for this year.
Keep your marketing efforts active to have a strong finish to the year. If others want to fade away as we head into holiday season, there’s more time for you to stand out.
It’s never crowded along the extra mile. – Wayne Dyer
Fourth quarter can be that extra mile because companies often start coasting through the end of the year.
Analyze and Be Ready
With past years behind you, hopefully, you know what commonly happens in your fourth quarter: is it a slow season for you, is it your busiest season, or is it fine up through mid-Nov and then once the holidays hit, it slows? Analyze then be ready for it.
1. Was there a goal from the beginning of the year that you haven’t tackled yet? Make that your mission for your fourth quarter.
2. Who can you reach out to and nurture to become a sale? Which customers can you cross-sell to? Ask yourself these questions for focus in this last quarter.
3. Ask your clients for referrals when you talk to them. Be brave.
4. Start planning now for Black Friday, Cyber Monday, and/or Small Business Saturday if those can relate to your business.
5. Make sure you are mobile friendly. How does your website look when it’s viewed from a mobile phone? People are out and about during the holidays, and your site as seen via mobile phone is critical.
6. Time can get away from people around the holidays. Focus these next 60 days on your business, so you can enjoy time with friends and family during the holidays.
7. Utilize social events to reconnect with people. Be in the right place at the right time.
Your Stretch Goal
In summary, review the year’s performance so far. What would be a good stretch goal for you to shoot for to accomplish before the end of 2016? Focus on one goal and commit to completing it before year end.
Even better, write down that one goal for your fourth quarter, put it in front of you at the office or in your car – wherever you’ll see it – and start preparing during the remainder of this month to make it happen.
Here’s to a successful fourth quarter!